Quad Mt. Vernon wall control: "dead" menu items?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KipL

Nov 16, 2015
Massachusetts
Hi, have a pretty old Quad Mt. Vernon insert - it's working fine (thanks to folks here) but there is something bugging me about the wall control. I believe at least one software update has been applied to this system.

When navigating the wall control menu, under "User Settings", near the bottom of that screen are two items: "Conv Blower Speed" and "Properties". Both of these menu choices don't seem to work at all...trying to Select them does nothing. I even tried press-and-hold but no joy.

I wonder if anyone here might know what these options are. It seems a little silly (or even sloppy?) to write code to display a menu choice that doesn't work.

I should add that at one point our local dealer and applied an "upgrade" which made the stove quieter by modifying the convection blower speed. Personally, I would've preferred that they'd left that alone as the stove doesn't seem to distribute its heat as well at the quieter blower speeds.

Thanks.

This is strange as usually when you scroll down to conv. speeds and hit select, it gives you either normal, or quiet mode, which does blow less heat into room. Properties usually lists the revisions and other info stove is using. Do you also have an elevation setting on wall control menu? What year stove and what rev is it(white sticker on control board), and also what part # is your wall control. Yours may not be compatible to use all those functions. It would also help if you would use the AE behind descrbing your stove to help identify it. kap

Hello kap,
I'll try to provide more info...

Do you also have an elevation setting on wall control menu?
Yes, there is an Elevation setting, but I've never tried it. Today I did so, and it too is inoperative.

What year stove and what rev is it(white sticker on control board)
I'm not really sure what year the stove is, but we've had it for quite a while. I'm going to guess circa 2006 or 2007. Here is info from the label on the control board: Bergquist Torrington P/N 450-15-0031 S/N: 450150031120703121 Mfg Date: 12/07 REV.C1

and also what part # is your wall control.
Here is info from the white label on my control board:
P/N: 7000-308 TYPE: PB/NC REV: 02/12/07 DC: 0709 W/O: 119675 S/N: 6-117308

It would also help if you would use the AE behind descrbing your stove to help identify it.
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what this is asking for.

I've also attached jpegs of the labels, in case I missed anything.

Thanks very much.
Control Board Rev.reduced.jpg
Wall Control Rev.reduced.jpg

From what I can figure out with the numbers provided, the Control board is an older model SRV7000-323. And the wall control is 7000-308 and has the earlier version of the fan speeds and elevation settings. They reason you can't get anything out of them is they are not compatable. Stove will work, but the fan speeds and elevation will not because the control board is too old. They both came out in the year 2007. kap

Status
Not open for further replies.