Quad MVAE, What's behind the ash drawer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJohnfromCT

Feeling the Heat
Dec 29, 2012
Danbury, CT
I've got an MVAE that was installed in Feb 2011. Behind the ash drawer is a plate that is held in place by two phillips head screws. Yesterday, during my cleaning, I decided to take the plate off. Unfortunately I was unable to get one of the screws loose. Because I really didn't know what was behind the door I decided not to pursue it. I'd like to know if any MVAE owners have accessed this area AND is it an area that need periodic cleaning? thank you.

No need to remove it. It's the baffle for the air intake port. It was a later design change, from what I understand, it was to help quiet down the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.