Quad VernonE2 have alot black shoot on wall and ceiling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dnguyen

Mar 1, 2015
Walpole MA
Hi every one !I had new Quad VernonE2 just 3 month Now black shoot build up every where in my wall and ceiling .Try to adjusting trim dial to -4 and +4 but doesn't work Please help with any idea .Thanks

Has the dealer gotten to you about the repairs needed? Stove has major controller issue.
When was the last time the venting and stove cleaned?

Last edited:
Dnguyen, have you had any issues with the E2 ? Do a search on here. There has been major problems with them. A control board upgrade among other issues..

Last edited:
Has the dealer gotten to you about the repairs needed? Stove has major controller issue.
When was the last time the venting and stove cleaned?
Thanks for quick reply for me .I am cleaned stove every day .The venting cleaned every 2 week but still get a lot shoot

I would not run the stove as they have been blowing the glass out.

Sounds like you have a leak some where in the house part of the exhaust or stove.. Time to shut it down and call your dealer. There is also an update for this stove to prevent the glass from breaking out. Don't run this stove till you get ahold of your dealer and demand that he call Quad. kap

I'll just ditto calling your dealer and asking them to step in on this issue before you have a bigger problem.

Good luck getting it sorted out.

If its an insert the fireplace may need to be cleaned better

Status
Not open for further replies.