Quadfire MT Vernon AE stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

takchess

Hearth Supporter
Nov 14, 2008
NH
I recently had a MT Vernon AE stove installed and I am burning pellets.

my stove will run for 5 minutes and then shut off with the error code
Min fire pot
bad TC firepot

upon resetting it I get the same error message.

I am running a good grade of pellets and my stove is clean and ashpan is clear. I even pull out my pellets and sifted them to remove excess fines but that did not seem to help.

Any ideas on the problems I am seeing?

Thanks,

The only time I ever have seen that was when there wasn't enough pellets in the hopper.
Is there a low pellet symbol on the thermostat?

hi Ejrich,

Thanks for the note. I have a full hopper. It is very puzzling.

I had this same issue a week ago and tried the following under my dealers suggestion:

jiggle the feader arm under the fire pot

check for excess fines

plug and unplug stove

I did that and still had the issue for a while

At one point I changed the control from manual to automatic and it worked for a while. Whenever I ran the stove in manual mode it had this same problem.

Now I am experiencing the same thing runing in auto mode.

Bad TC firepot usually means just that. The thermocouple is faulty or disconnected from the control board. How old is the unit? What is the serial number?

Get your dealer out there to service the stove. It is under warranty and they should service this for you.

Yes, the dealer is coming out on Tuesday. I had solve my issue I thought for a period a few weeks ago but it seems to have returned.

Thanks

EJRICH said:
The only time I ever have seen that was when there wasn't enough pellets in the hopper.
Is there a low pellet symbol on the thermostat?

Same here. Only when the hopper ran dry or when I fill the hopper after it emptied.
Is the unit feeding pellets into the burn pot at startup?

The techs from All Basics Stoves in Merrimack, NH (my stove guys) came down and replaced my thermocouple under warranty . Everything is working great. The Mt Vernon AE throws out alot of heat. I'm very happy with All Basics and my stove. Looking forward to siting by the stove as winter approaches. Thanks all for your suggestions .

Good for you. I'm glad to see your dealer is taking care of you. Yeah, this stove does produce some heat. Good luck in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.