Quadra-Fire Castile Insert Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kbjelka

Feeling the Heat
Jul 10, 2008
Western CT
If my Castile Insert ever arrives I need to add an outlet for the installer. Does it matter which side it is on, and if so, should it be to the right or left of the stove? I would assume the closer the better but what is the max distance?

Thanks!

My castile insert has the plug on the right. It would be best to install the receptacle on the right. The thermostat wires are on the right side also.

Thanks for the info. I currently have an ungrounded socket about 3 feet to the left of the hearth. I was thinking of just upgrading it but based on your feedback I think I will add an outlet to the right. Thanks again!

Do you have an ash clean out in the fireplace that runs to the basement (or is the stove in the basement?). Not sure what our local code is, but many folks run the AC down the ash clean out for a better looking install. Just a thought, talk to your installer.

The fireplace is on the first floor. I do have an ash clean-out in the back of the fireplace that runs to the basement. I actually though about running power from there since the panel is just below and has a brand new dedicated 20 amp circuit. My concern was sucking combustion air through the cleanout and competing with the furnace below for air. Is that a valid concern?

Not sure on your question, I suppose you could block off the clean out when wired? I know that my folks Castile insert is installed this way and was professionally installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.