1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Quadra Fire Classic Bay

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Joe and Kelly Tomeno, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Joe and Kelly Tomeno

Joe and Kelly Tomeno Member

Loc:
    NY
    I am looking tinto possibly purchasing a Quadra Fire Classic Bay Pellet Stove from a dealer in my area...Does anybody have any opinions or reviews on this stove?

Thanks

joe

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

I love mine... I used it exclusively for 3 yrs heating my entire house (2,180 sq ft ranch).

Never used High heat setting and only use Med when temps dip below 10*-15* outside. Use Low heat setting mainly and do the Low and Slow approach.

One of the easiest stoves to run on the market. Get a good stat with a 3*-4* swing and find a good (lowest) setting that barely keeps up with heat loss, but just enough, to overcome it. Runs longer, but keeps house more comfortable, and stove stays off longer when it does shut down, because the entire contents of the home have become "Soaked" with heat.

That said, if you like to tinker and mess with the stove... Then buy a Harman (bigger than your P-38) or another quality brand that has more options. The Quad is High, Med, and Low... Set stat for desired temp (run a big swing to allow proper cool down time) fill with pellets, and enjoy!!
  3. slls

slls Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine Lat 45
    I told a Quad tech CB 1200 is the best stove Quad makes, he agreed.
    DexterDay likes this.
  4. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    Hey Joe where are you located? I might know a guy.

Eric
    DexterDay likes this.
  5. slls

slls Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine Lat 45
    ?
    kinsmanstoves likes this.
  6. DBCOOPER

DBCOOPER Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Stowe, Pa
    Fill it with pellets, select low,medium or high and adjust the feed gate for the best size flame based on the brand of pellets.Keep it clean and it will keep you warm.