Quadra Fire Insert??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plowboy

Hearth Supporter
Mar 9, 2008
Indiana
My daughter is thinking about buying a Quadra Fire Classic Bay 1200I pellet insert. Any and all info from users of this insert would be appreciated. Do you like it? Would you buy it again? What problems do or did you have with it.

Thanks.

Bill

Great choice. Bought my 1200i three years ago and it still runs like new. I would by another 1200i in a heartbeat. Zero regrets. Burn high quality pellets, keep the stove clean during the burning season, do a deep cleaning at the end of the season (clean the liner from end to end, pull the fans and clean them by hand, vacuum every nook and cranny, spray the inside with PAM cooking spray, add a couple of desiccant packs (absorbs moisture in summer) and you're good to go. I purchased the factory service manual for the Quad 1200i, so shoot me a PM if you need a copy.

I have the frestanding CB 1200 and thinks its fantastic stove. Very easy operating controls. Its a no frills, no thrills, But... GREAT HEAT STOVE. I have had mine for 3 yrs now and zero problems. Glosta said it best above. Keep it clean and burn good pellets. She should be enjoying it for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.