Quadra Fire Isle Royale flue transition gasket replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

phrinda

Sep 27, 2022
Connecticut
First off, thanks to this forum for much info and help over the years. This is the first time that I've ever had to reach out being unable to just find the info on this forum.

I'm in the process of building a new hearth for my QF Isle Royale. My stove is currently sitting in my office and I noticed quite a bit of rust at the flue transition. I pulled the transition off and the gasket fell apart. I've gone through all of the parts lists that I can find for the stove, and I believe that I need the 1/4" rope gasket. What is bothering me is that it appears to have been set in cement, but I can't find any reference from the manufacturer as to what should actually be in that seal. It also appears that there was a sealant at the collar attachment that is also not called out. All they say is to inspect the seal when changing the orientation of the transition. Does anyone know what would be proper in this location?

PXL_20220927_182947736.jpg PXL_20220927_183141469.jpg PXL_20220927_183156266.jpg

Paging @Jags to the front desk for a Royale question.

I can't even see the one on my stove. I have the additional fan shroud for the blower motor.
Wished I could do more to help you but my stove top is currently at 550° and I'm not getting behind it haha

Ha, I understand. I went ahead and ordered the 1/4 with cement. The debris is visually the same size as what is on the griddle seal. The collar on the transition appeared to just be set in cement. It's frustrating that the manual can be very information for some things and then disregard other things completely.

Agreed, the docs could be more complete for this. Did the gasket & cement come from a Quad dealer? What cement did you order?