Quadra-fire new stove design

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RSNovi

Feeling the Heat
May 12, 2010
Michigan
Saw an interesting poll on the quadra-fire website. I just ordered a Jotul, but I do like the looks of the proposed new stove.

Attachments

• quad.jpg
    quad.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 536
I would say you wont see that stove for atleast 2yrs so if you are willing to wait that long then you could but it may not look like that when it comes out

stoveguy13 said:
I would say you wont see that stove for atleast 2yrs so if you are willing to wait that long then you could but it may not look like that when it comes out

I agree. I think I will be quite happy with the F500 plus the quality of Jotul. I just thought it was interesting they were doing a direct comparison like that.

Chris

My own take . . . when a company tries very hard to emulate the competition and even points out the fact that they're copying the competition it says something about their product . . . and their competitor's product . . . a very telling message.

That survey popped up for me the other day on thier website... personally the Jotul looks better to me. I wonder if it really doesnt have an ash pan or they just omitted it from the picture?

they have been doing this for months first with the jotul 600 then the 500 and now the 400 i would guess next month it will be the 3cb

Quadra Fire needs to learn to put the handle on the correct side of the door. ;-)

albertj03 said:
Quadra Fire needs to learn to put the handle on the correct side of the door. ;-)

They learned how to do that a long time ago. :lol:

I like the clearer fire view on the Quad, and it probably doesn't have cast iron firebox liners like the Jotul. Other than that, it's really splitting hairs. You've seen one cast iron stove, you've seen them all. :lol:

precaud said:
You've seen one cast iron stove, you've seen them all. :lol:

Amen brother. Amen. Fischer tried to show them the light and they have shades on. ;-)

The fine contours of the Jotul's feet makes all the difference, though. Reason enough to buy it, I'd say. :ahhh:

The new toploading Jotul's got a steel firebox and the glass looks similar to the Quad in that pic.

Quadrafire has been running this intro question on and off for a couple months now. They've put up comparison examples from various manufacturers, Jotul is just the latest. One earlier comparisons was with straight steel stove.

BeGreen said:
Quadrafire has been running this intro question on and off for a couple months now. They've put up comparison examples from various manufacturers, Jotul is just the latest. One earlier comparisons was with straight steel stove.

It sure seems to be a funny way to approach possible redesigns of a stove. It just seems a little "strange" to me. Maybe its a PR thing. Dunno.

cud be. did you get the buzz yet? next thing it's be tweeting you.

Status
Not open for further replies.