Quadra Fire owners better clean this

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always looking for more places to clean my Quad Castile. Usually When I see the ash getting to a certain level (three days with Maine Choice pellets) I decide to let it run out of pellets, cool off and clean.
Every shutdown I vacuum the pellet hopper, but there is always a residual amount of pellets in the augur even after manually herding that last little bit toward the augur.

Why it auto shuts-down with pellets visible at the exposed end of the augur lead me to believe that further along the augur where I can't see the pellets are gone and that's why the auto shutdown occurred.

How are Castile owners cleaning/vacuuming the augur with these pellets there?

You don't have to clean the whole auger shaft out, just at the bottom inside the hopper where the fines collect. I know its a shame but sometimes you have to suck raw fuel into the vac to clean it out all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.