quadra fire santa fe wont stay running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

shellbanger

Oct 30, 2019
pennslvania
hello,
our quadra fire santa fe will start up and warm up and the fan will come on but then it quits feeding pellets and goes out but the call for heat light is still on. we do get the green light from the thermocouple and then it turns red. is this turning it off saying it is too hot? we have cleaned the entire stove and replaced snap disc #2 and also blew out the vacuum hose but it still does the same thing. if we turn the thermostat all the way down and then turn it back up it will restart but it will go through the same sequence and shut down. anyone have any ideas?

No the red led means it has reached 700::F and should kick over to run mode from start up. Has the stove been plugged into a good surge protector?

If the thermocouple wasn’t in the pot far enough or it was bad i would say that would be the culpret but your getting green then red led so it is registered on that side of the circuit so something is amiss on the board itself is all i can think of thats left.

Did you try cleaning the contacts on the control board? Remember to unplug the stove before doing any work with the control board.

I tried something else this evening and it seems like I found the problem. I bypassed the vacuum switch by jumpering the 2 wires together and the stove worked like normal. A new vacuum has been ordered.

Sweet!!! I wouldn't have gone there if it was feeding during the start up. That's an odd one for the books, I have a note into my lil note pad now. ;)

Also, I know you blew out the vacuum line but did you stick something through the nipple that it plugs into on the auger tube. I’ve blown them out before and had them still have pellet dust and I would say the reason it would feed on startup and when you pushed the button was because the fan runs on high for a few minutes then, but drops down to whatever you have it set at afterwards. Is your 3 speed switch on high?