Quadra Grand Voyageur - large cast surround?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dfelicia

Dec 2, 2016
CT
Insert installed a couple of weeks ago. Before they installed the "large surround," I realized that was the plain black one. I want the decorative cast iron one. Install manual shows three options: cast surround, large cast surround, large surround.

Dealer says Quadra discontinued the large cast one. :-( He's working up a quote for a custom surround (should be easy - just 1" gap on either side of the cast surround to cover.)

Anyway, wondering how it is the install manual lists an option that no longer is available. Can anyone here confirm that's really the case? Quadra themselves will only talk to dealers.

Call around to a couple other quad dealers and see if they have the same story. That or possibly one might have some new old stock.

No dealers had new old stock. I guess it was unpopular option, so they discontinued making them. I Went with some custom "wings" on the sides to cover the gap. I think it came out nice.

a6b0c393cf2de15a105be75347eac71a.jpg

Last edited: