Quadra Mt. Vernon control box lights blinking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gratefuljed

Oct 16, 2008
New Mexico
My 2002 Mt Vernon has issues - solid green light and blinking red light on control box. No fuel feed either, and the reset switch does not seem to "click" like it used to - red call light works. Anyway, my dealer said the light issue was bad thermocouple, but I replaced it and nothing has changed. I shorted the 2 wires to the vacuum switch (as per dealer) to get feed auger to go - bu no go. Let's see - I have tried to reset all the 2 snap switches that accept resetting. Does anyone here have other suggestions before I get the dealer out for a service call? Thanks in advance,

John

if you jumped the vac switch, double ck the snap disc's. You can also jump those to test them. Your prob is most likely so easy its hard to see. The old Mt V is an excellent stv and very basic. Follow the elec system with a volt meter. If you had a lightning strike over the summer it tends to fry the snap disc's or computer. If the t-stat light is on most likely the comp is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.