QuadraFire 1200 glass seal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

imsocold

Hearth Supporter
Mar 14, 2008
Central Oregon
I have found a little strip of grey asbestos-type material on the floor, presumably from the glass door. I thought there are gaps along the top to allow air to pass through. Unfortunately, I can't figure out what the configuration is for the glass in the top channel.

I have been getting smoke smell at startup and the door seal is perfect.

This is pellet stove you are asking about right? (You posted in the wrong forum)

The glass should have a gasket all the way around where it meets the frame, and then on one side (top or bottom depending on the serial #) it should be open where the gasket presses against the firebox.

Not really sure what you question is exactly?

Have you done a full cleaning on your stove including the vent? It may be creating more smoke than normal if things are dirty and maybe that's why some is getting into the room.

Thanks for your help. I will repost in the correct location with more info for clarity of my question.
Thanks, Sir!

QuadraFire CB1200
Hot Shot softwood 100% Oregon pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.