Quadrafire 1200i ignition problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

goofysets

May 10, 2017
Delaware
Hi all,
This is a great forum and this is my first time posting. I have a Quadrafire 1200i that suddenly stopped lighting. So far, I have given it a thorough cleaning and after calling a stove store and relaying my troubles with them, they told me I had a bad igniter. Today I replaced the igniter and it still did not light. Sadly, I was stupid and did not pull it and check it for continuity first, the original was actually fine. Anyways, here is what is happening on startup:

The control box blinks blue several times and the red light in the control box is showing.
Pellets feed into the fire pot not just a little like on normal startup, but continuously.
The ignitor does not heat up and only has about 5V going to it.

Does it sound like my control box is shot? Do I need to check the thrermocouple next? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Unplug your stove, pull the control box and bring it to your dealer to see if they would be willing to try it in one of their stoves. Better that then shelling out $220 for a new one to find out that was not your issue. I'm thinking control box as well. I would first pull the box and re-seat it back in place to make sure it was not just a bad connection.

Reactions: kappel15
Unplug your stove, pull the control box and bring it to your dealer to see if they would be willing to try it in one of their stoves. Better that then shelling out $220 for a new one to find out that was not your issue. I'm thinking control box as well. I would first pull the box and re-seat it back in place to make sure it was not just a bad connection.
Thanks, I'll take it to a dealer. I have pulled it and reseated it already and had no success on that front. I appreciate your help.

Your stove should blink once every ten seconds, for sixty seconds, with the blue light.I would also test your thermocouple/ and make sure it is seated properly. kap