quadrafire 7100 spring cleanup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsimonson2006

Apr 17, 2014
moscow,pa
Well everyone its that time of the year to shut down the stove and give it a good cleaning...this is my first year burning with the quadrafire 7100 any pointers on the best way to clean the firebox do i

scrape clean the fire box of creosot

how do clean the glass really well.

and any other pointers ... i think i might have a chimney guy come out and clean the chimney but what else does a chimney sweeper clean besides the flu.

ty for your help

Cleaning the glass is a snap if you've got some cold ashes. Get a paper towel slightly damp, dip in the ashes, scrub your glass clean. Anything too stubborn for that you can go at with a razor blade or (my personal favorite) ignore. A good sweep will get the chimney AND CAP cleaned out of creosote. Other than that, you might think about taking the firebricks out and sweeping out any ash that's accumulated under them.

Status
Not open for further replies.