Quadrafire Castile convection blower run time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

restore49

Sep 28, 2011
Central Maine
2001 Castile free standing Convection blower will turn on for 3-5 min (+-) blowing hot air then shut down for 1-2 min and repeat - is this normal? Bob

restore49 said:
2001 Castile free standing Convection blower will turn on for 3-5 min (+-) blowing hot air then shut down for 1-2 min and repeat - is this normal? Bob

no. sounds like the high temp fan speed disc is closing and opening. Closing when the unit gets too hot and then opening when the fan cools down. Problem being, the fan should already be on. Something is up.

Scott:
Thanks - Ran for 15 min. before (great looking fire) #1 snap disk snapped at 135 degrees (original 125 degree). Center convection tube at 254 degrees - pipe 198. Will order 90-130 adjustable to replace #1. Every nook and cranny thoroughly cleaned. Should I relocate higher up to get quicker response?... Bob

Make sure the convection fan, it's motor, and the motors cooling fan are clean and free turning.

I had an issue when on low burn that the fan would cycle but if I remember right the stove was on low and the ash door on the burn pot was partially open causing a horrible burn. One other possibility is the feed not being adjusted properly with some really long pellets. Does it still act this way on med or high?

When operating correctly the convection/room fan should run non stop on whatever speed that has been selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.