Quadrafire CB1200 free standing - smoking the house out.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It happens so little that it is worth it to save some coin on heating bill. And I know to put some pellets in pot with a cold stove, and no ash in it, so it doesn't happen. And it can happen the other way too. If you let the pot get too full of ash, it can have a misfire as stove doesn't light fast enough. kap
Cool.kap,I just would not expect that in newer units,but,all units are not made the same,and do not operate the same.Thanks for your input/help,sir.

No sir, just plain ole kap. And you are very welcome. Always glad to help if I can. kap

OK - - My owners manual calls out Snap Disc #1 as being PN 812-1560 for 125 Deg F. (free standing)
I'm see on parts pages that the Free standing 'should' be using the 812-0320 at 145 degrees. and the 812-1560 125 Degree for insert models. This doesn't make much sense, but---------!!

Is there a suitable snap disc at 100 degrees?? this would turn on convection blower earlier, and let it run longer at the end.

If not, I'll replace with the 812-1560 at 125 degree and hope the old one is bad or incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.