Quadrafire CB1200i flame should not go above burn pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lab227

Jan 3, 2019
Maryland, USA
I have had my CB1200i stove for a year now and had a technician from the dealer out to just check it over. While here he told me that contrary to the instructions and online videos that on high blower the flames should not go above the top edge of the burn pot. Not content with that answer I called Quadrafire and asked customer service. The rep said that it is a safety issue on this particular model and that they have changed their directions for flame height. She did not have any more information on why it s a safety issue. It used to be 4-6 inches above the burn pot on high.

My question is could anyone tell me how does this affect my heat output? I sized this unit to heat our two story family room but it doesn't seem as warm with the flame lower. I feel like I don't have the right unit anymore but can't afford to just go out and buy another stove.

I have had my CB1200i stove for a year now and had a technician from the dealer out to just check it over. While here he told me that contrary to the instructions and online videos that on high blower the flames should not go above the top edge of the burn pot. Not content with that answer I called Quadrafire and asked customer service. The rep said that it is a safety issue on this particular model and that they have changed their directions for flame height. She did not have any more information on why it s a safety issue. It used to be 4-6 inches above the burn pot on high.

My question is could anyone tell me how does this affect my heat output? I sized this unit to heat our two story family room but it doesn't seem as warm with the flame lower. I feel like I don't have the right unit anymore but can't afford to just go out and buy another stove.

This is news to me. I've had this stove for over 13 years and always had the flame 4 to 6 inches above the top of the burn pot. I know that when the feed is not opened enough, the convection blower takes a lot longer to come on and sometimes turns on and off as the snap disk for stove temp does not get hot enough or stay hot depending on flame size. I suspect they fear a hopper fire where the flames burn their way up the feed tube. I've never seen this happen.

Reactions: kappel15
You would think, if this was a safety issue, they would have issued a warning to everyone that bought a 1200. Weird. kap