Quadrafire Classic Bay 1200 Auger not feeding pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DougF

Hearth Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
Mount Airy MD
gmail.com
Hello to all,

I have a Quadrafire Classic Bay 1200..... has been running great for 12 years. This evening turned up the thermostat but pellets did not feed up auger (the auger does not turn). There is a "rattling" sound around the auger or the auger motor. If I turn down the thermostat the "rattling" stops.

Not knowing in detail how the auger and auger motor work together I have no clue at this point what the noise could be.
(removed the auger motor cover to see the motor itself but still can't figure out exactly where the rattling is coming from)

Ideas regarding what the problem(s) could be appreciated.

Thanks, DougF

Last edited:
With cover removed and still some pellets in hopper, to keep a vacuum. turn tstat back up and watch auger and motor to see if set screw is loose and auger itself is not turning, but motor is. kap

With cover removed and still some pellets in hopper, to keep a vacuum. turn tstat back up and watch auger and motor to see if set screw is loose and auger itself is not turning, but motor is. kap

Of all things turned out to be jammed auger..... acorn nut shell.... no clue how it got in there.
At any rate, all good and stove back up and running.....

Thanks for the comment though.....

DougF

Reactions: Ssyko and kappel15
Damn Squirrels!!! Lol glad thats all it was. stay warm

Reactions: kappel15