Quadrafire feed rate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemms

Oct 18, 2006
Edgar, WI
OK, I have been working with the feed rate on my recently installed Mt. Vernon. From min to max, it doesn't seem to have that big of an effect on the flame size? So, I put it at min. I am only getting about a 2-3 inch flame above the firepot. However, on Med, I am going through a little over a bag a day? I thought that was kind of a lot...
Any opinions?

Sounds about right. What is the flame height on medium? What are the outside temps? We would go through a bag a day with a bit lower btu/hr. Quad when the temps were 40-45. At 35 degrees it would be 1.5 bags/day. It all depends on how quickly one's house is losing heat.

Temps...It has been in the 40s with nights in the lower 30s - upper 20s.
Okay, I was just checking to see what anyone else thought...
Does the feed rate affect the efficiency of the stove? Or on a lower feed rate will the stove just put off less heat?

That's a good question. I don't see at what output they tested for the emissions standard, but would guess that it would be at the most efficient setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.