1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. nhellman84

nhellman84 New Member

Ok so I would just have to set the selector to what my old one is then right?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. SwineFlue

SwineFlue Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Pa
    Does your old one have the switch? Mine is a year older than yours and uses a jumper wire instead.
  3. nhellman84

nhellman84 New Member

Im not sure is it on the side of the box somewhere?
  4. SwineFlue

Loc:
    NE Pa
    I believe so, it seemed like the kind you turn with a small screwdriver
  5. nhellman84

nhellman84 New Member

Ok cool I will look at it when I get home, thanks.
  6. SwineFlue

Loc:
    NE Pa
    Either way, the post I mentioned showed how to set the switch. I'd be more concerned if there was anything else... you may want to ask before you buy it. I only mention it because they don't include instructions and don't accept returns.

When I replaced my convection blower a few years back I discovered that Quad had since changed electrical connectors in the stove, so I had to a small mod. Easy to do, but not expected.
  7. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

The rotary switch for a Santa Fe for factory setting is #6. Or #7 if you want the +10% feed.

But 6 to answer your question..
  8. nhellman84

nhellman84 New Member

For the santa fe? Do you know what it is for 1200i?
  9. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Opps... Forgot what stove we were talking about (just was looking at the Santa Fe control box thread).

CB 1200 FS and insert are factory setting #1 and plus 10% feed is #2.

Look here quad santa fe short flame, and I'm unfamilar with the stove

Shows all stoves and settings (Quads).
    SwineFlue likes this.
  10. nhellman84

nhellman84 New Member

Ok, I think im getting it, will make more sense when I get home and lok at mine im sure:)
  11. nhellman84

nhellman84 New Member

ok guys, got home and pulled the board off the stove and opened it up and this thing looks mint, no burns or anything on the board. I think I see the relay that someone spoke of before that controls the auger, but this one is a potter brumfield t7cs5d-24. If this one is the one that controls the auger I will take it off and test it, what do I really have to loose if this board might be junk anyway right.
  12. nhellman84

nhellman84 New Member

OK, I got this relay out and I'm trying to test it with my multimeter. Should I get continuity through any post while there is no power to it because I am???
  13. nhellman84

nhellman84 New Member

I was thinking it should not have continuity unless it hasnpower going to it. Radio shack doesnt carry this relay so I have yo wait until monday and try platt, see if this fixes it?
  14. nhellman84

nhellman84 New Member

15. DBCOOPER

DBCOOPER Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Stowe, Pa
    If you can tell what voltage the coil on the relay is and you can figure out the coil connections you can try applying the correct voltage to the coil and see if the relay changes state...
  16. DBCOOPER

DBCOOPER Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Stowe, Pa
  17. nhellman84

nhellman84 New Member

I think it said 12 amps nit sure how to apply voltage to it though?
  18. nhellman84

nhellman84 New Member

Ok so I replaced the relay with a new one and no dice, this thing still wants to feed and feed even if its up to temp. Anyone have any ideas what to check now?
  19. tjnamtiw

tjnamtiw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    North Georgia
    If it were me, I'd be replacing the variacs that the other poster was talking about. That seemed to solve at least the auger problem for him. You're getting into it pretty deeply now. Is there a dealer or a friend near you with the same stove that you could put your box into his stove to see if the same thing happens? Or could you put his box into your stove promising to overnight a replacement if it blows his box up? :)
  20. nhellman84

nhellman84 New Member

The variacs? I was gonna checm all the snap discs see if they might be causing this , after I find them anyway.
  21. SwineFlue

Loc:
    NE Pa
    The snap disks could cause the auger to *not feed*, by interrupting power to it. I don't think there's any way they could cause it to feed continuously.
  22. nhellman84

nhellman84 New Member

So its most likely the board then? Hmm, I dunno if I should fix this one or just get a new stove all together.
  23. tjnamtiw

tjnamtiw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    North Georgia
    Do you get a new car if your spark plugs are bad???????????????? Since you've already invested in a second control box (where did you get it?), it's time to call a service guy in your case. Let him blow up HIS control box until he finds the problem. End of story.
  24. nhellman84

nhellman84 New Member

No I havent bought the new board for it yet, only replaced the auger relay on the old board.
  25. saladdin

saladdin Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    West Tennessee