QuadraFire Isle Royale installed in my house.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Normally I lurp around in the pellet forum but I finished up installing an Isle Royale in porcelain in my dinning room. It replaced a Pacific Energy Super-27. I will attempt to inform everyone of the difference in the two since I burned the PE since 2002. There was nothing wrong with the PE but since I am a Quad Dealer I figured I should have a wood stove in my house in addition to the Mt. Vernon AE in the front room.

I know it ran like a champ last night but it was only in the 40's.

Please ask any questions.

Eric

Attachments

• 1321822445615.jpg
    1321822445615.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 815
Eric - I am really looking forward to a real life comparison on burn time/heat output from the super27 and IR. I have run an IR for lots of years now, and I frequently find myself suggesting the 27 to forum members because of the need of a smaller stove with good burn times. So that is my reason for the interest.

That is one Purdy stove.

Nice work Eric... Looks beautiful. You were a busy bee this weekend. Im sure your gonna enjoy it.

Great job!!! Looks Great!!! Congrats

Nice install and unit, great job!

question.. ok

Does a porcelain finish cure over time? Does the color slightly change?

that's a big upgrade from the stove in your avatar ;-)

Nothing is to good for my wife.

Eric

mecreature said:
question.. ok

Does a porcelain finish cure over time? Does the color slightly change?

As for color change, I am slightly color blind but there is a slight difference on older to newer units in color.

Eric

Any updates on the comparison. I can easily get 10-12 hours out of a full load of hardwood in my Quadra Fire Isle Royale. Pile up the coals and do it again. I really appreciate my stove.

Those IR stoves are beautiful.. Congrats!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.