Quadrafire Mount Vernon AE Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdfarmer

Nov 4, 2016
Wisconsin
Hello to all. Thanks for a great forum I have learned a lot already.

I recently purchased a used Mt. Vernon AE stove which was working before bringing it home. The stove is a 2007 model. Initially, the error message read that it had a bad thermocouple on the burn pot. This was replaced and the error message went away. Now, the errors read that the combustion motor is jammed (I have already cleaned it,) and the auger is also jammed (it appears to want to reverse itself). I have cleaned both the combustion motor and auger, as well as the optical eye.

Upon starting, the unit goes into auto clean and the combustion motor starts spinning. It stays spinning until the unit cleans itself and the burn pot is closed, and then goes into startup. After a few minutes, the combustion motor will slow and eventually stop, giving me the error message of the combustion motor being jammed. The auger will turn, but in reverse, giving the error code of an auger jam.

Any ideas would be helpful!

Welcome to the forum! I'm not much help with the Quadrafires. kappel15 and DMKNLD seem to have the best handle on them so be patient...

What revision control board do you have ? White label on control board should read SRV7000 -456C or something. kap

The white label on the unit reads "Hearth P/N 7000-330-Rev C"

I believe one of the problems that gave me a bad thermo coupler reading is that one of the pins on the mainboard for the burn-pot is loose.

Thanks,
Jon D

I hope the loose pin helps you. I would also check pins on your comb. fan and auger for issues. I know back when, they had issues with the wires being too tight on the cov. fan, causing them to come apart, but not on the comb. fan. And that board isn't the latest and greatest that could of been put on under warranty back when if the dealer would of kept up on upgrades, but it is a good one too kap

Today, after noticing the pin, the stove went into the auto clean process and then into startup mode. I put about half a cup of pellets in the burn pot. The combustion blower sped up and the pellets ignited, but the auger never dropped any pellets. The stove then went into shutdown mode...
I will check the auger wiring again...

Could be a bad auger motor, or sensor. If it will reverse, I would guess the sensor. kap

Well, I had my board fixed and have continuity on the four pins where the thermocouple attaches. However, one set of pins is missing the female socket that inserts onto the pins. This female coupling accepts the male end of the thermocouple. Does anyone have an idea of where to find these sockets? I contacted a dealer, and they were unable to help...

Maybe a Radio Shack or computer repair shop. Or where ever you had the board repaired? I am sure all of the wire harness's are outsourced. kap

Status
Not open for further replies.