Quadrafire Mt. Vernon AE insert automatic burn pot cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nhhawks

Hearth Supporter
Nov 24, 2008
south east maine
Can someone out there tell me how often this stove is supposed to shut down to do an autoclean cycle. My stove seems to do it about every three hours even if the temperature is not met. Yesterday it did an autoclean cycle when the temp in the room was 8 degrees below the set temp. It seems that 8 cycles in a 24 hour period is way to much. Can anyone shed some light on this. Thanks

Yes, it will cycle auto-clean at approximately the following rates:

hardwood pellets every 2.5 hrs

softwood pellets every 4 hrs

utility pellets every 1.5 hrs

Not certain about corn!

Yeah lots of people think it does it too often.... I think Quad is erring on the side of caution. They don't want to do it to little and have someone fill the thing up with ash and cause a auger chute fire.

Thank you all for your response. Being new to pellets I was worried it was too often. Another question. I know I should just play around with settings but could someone tell me the best setting to put the stove on. I am burning hardwood pellets. Is Automatic better, or Manual? Which one burns more pellets? It has been down to the teens here for the last two weeks and it seems the stove does not keep up. I have heard a lot of people say this thing heats like crazy but I have not seen it yet. My house is only 900 sq ft including both floors. Any ideas would be appreciated.

When it gets that cold you may want to switch to the manual setting and set the heat output to 4 or even 5 if you are still having issues. I never run in automatic mode it just doesn't get the house up to temp. Also make certain your blower is set to normal.

Roman W. T. Cooper said:
Thank you all for your response. Being new to pellets I was worried it was too often. Another question. I know I should just play around with settings but could someone tell me the best setting to put the stove on. I am burning hardwood pellets. Is Automatic better, or Manual? Which one burns more pellets? It has been down to the teens here for the last two weeks and it seems the stove does not keep up. I have heard a lot of people say this thing heats like crazy but I have not seen it yet. My house is only 900 sq ft including both floors. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Not sure what is wrong, that should melt the shingles. You should read your general operating instructions again, there is something you are missing.

Did you get the video that came with the stove it gave more info than the manual. Down load the latest manual from QF seems to update every couple of month. The one I got with my stove was out dated. The new one had more info. On run my AE on maual on heat setting 4.

I heat 2200 sq ft on my first floor alone. I put the heat setting on 5, flame height on -2 and the blower either on quiet if it is not too cold out or normal if it is real cold to distribute the heat a little better. It is a little louder though. My upstairs in another 2000 sq ft but the heat gets up there a little bit. I can get our bedroom to about 65 and the kids room to 64. I use electric space heaters up there on occassion. I have not had to turn on the propane as of yet!! Just mess with the settings until you get comfortable with your situation. It takes a while, but with 900 sq ft you will have no problem. Also, Quad is very helpful if you call them. Good luck!

I'm running my Quad on manual/flame 0 /hardwood pellets/fan speed 5/fan noise normal. I found auto just didn't do it. It ran SOO much longer to bring the temp up a few degrees compared to manual. My pellet stove is in the livingroom with our primary tv. It can get a little loud but the noise is somewhat relaxing (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.