1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Quadrafire Mt. Vernon vs. the Mt. Vernon AE

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by vegiepower, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegiepower

vegiepower New Member

Loc:
    Alberta, Canada
    Great forum. I am going to buy a pellet stove and have decided on a quadrafire because of the local dealer. My dilemna is there seem to be two options. I know the AE is for fuels alternative to wood pellets. Locally they are $4000. The dealer told me they are blowing out the Mt. Vernon's for $2199. I am only now figuring out that the AE replaces the Mt Vernon....or at least I think that to be true. So any thoughts on whether the AE is $2000 superior. I had originally wanted the more fuels options but realistically, I will likely burn mostly wood...

More features on the AE I guess. Any other advantages?

Thanks

Torie

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    The AE does burn all the other fuels, that will likely be an advantage in the future. Right now you are right, most people burn wood or corn or both. So that part is up to you. There have also been posts about the AE model that say you have to have a laptop to work on them using a proprietary cable that connects to the control board. Whether or not this is an issue to you is a matter of personal opinion. Many people didn't want to/like buying cars with computers in them. Do a search for Mt Vernon posts there have been numerous ones, that will give you a good indication of consumer real world experiences.
  3. stoveguy13

stoveguy13 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CT
    buy the old one it is a much more reliablle stove it may be a littel louder but it has alot better chance to work out of the box the ae is the problem child and i would stay a way.
  4. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky New Member

Loc:
    Central Massachusetts
    The problem child is now a strapping teenager.
  5. BIGISLANDHIKERS

BIGISLANDHIKERS Feeling the Heat

The AE has had some initial problems. Make sure the AE is fresh from the factory and hasn't been sitting in his showroom for a year. Be sure to get board and wall control that has the two fan settings...they are the latest. Also...you have to be able to depend on your dealer...but this is true with any stove. I like our AE.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.