Quadrafire Santa Fe Insert igniter not heating up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Altieri

Dec 27, 2012
Just replaced the igniter on my 2005 Quadrafire Santa Fe insert. However even the new igniter doesn't get hot. Pellets drop into cup, fans work fine. Might need a cleaning. But how can I troubleshoot this problem with igniter not heating up.
Thx- Ben Altieri

ceramic contacts??????

Welcome to the forum, Ben!

The old ignitor may have taken out a fuse on the control board when it died. If it's not too difficult, you could take the new ignitor back out, and wire it to 120VAC to see if it's good. Be careful, electricity can kill, and the ignitor will get HOT if it's okay.
I'd suspect a blown fuse or bad wiring first, though.

use a meter and check the resistance on the igniter. Next hook the meter up to the two leads from the stove, are you getting any voltage?

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.