Quality One pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have these quality one premium pellets and would like to get any info. on them thats available. They are very light in color, brittle, and lots of flakes. Also misc. small sizes. They seemed to burn ok but less burn time. 18hrs instead of 22 hrs per bag. I am concerned that the small size pellets and flakes will cause a problem to the stove's auger. I cannot belive there is no indications on the bag of who makes them or from what area.

What I gathered from the wire was they bought MaineWoods pellets in bulk and basically bagged them with their name on them..

What I gathered from the wire was they bought MaineWoods pellets in bulk and basically bagged them with their name on them..

I will look up Maine wood pellets later and they must of shoveled the bottom floor to get the 16 tons I ordered for the neighborhood here in Buffalo, NY. From a distributor. Any hints on the possiility of the stove feeder clogging because of the fines?

These are the Quality One Premium wood Pellets..various size flakes and it is almost like burning paper. I was first too kind saying I get 18hrs burn time with one bag. Maybe 15 hrs. I was told that they could be from Maine Wood Pellets or somewhere from South Carolina. Anyone with info. please contact. Attach are photo's pellets 002.jpgpellets 001.jpg

Is that a chunk of wood in there?

I've been burning MWP's for 2 years. This year I'm buying them from HD bagged as Premium Wood Pellets. I have never seen anything in the bags like you've shown here. It must have some from the rebagging process.

No its a large flake of what I would like to think of some form of wood in the mix. It seems the texture of these pellets are very off, almost like synthetic makeup. I have been burning pellets since 1992. Cannot find much info. and the neighborhood has 13 tons. I do have a call into the middleman to track this lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.