Quardra Fire heat exchange

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mori

Oct 28, 2018
Ny
My heat exchange fan motor isn’t kicking in. The black wheel is binding up.Is there a way to lube or air clean? if I spin manually it will free up. Thanks

You could try removing it, blowing it out with compressed air and putting a few drops of small motor oil on the two bearings. However it sounds like the bearings are failing so this may be a short lived fix. Replacement assemblies can be bought online for approximately $110.

Reactions: kappel15
I would definitely remove it and clean it. As he stated above, blow it clean. I also use a toothbrush to scrub blades of squirrel cage to remove stuck on debris. kap

Is it the combustion fan or the convection fan? The above posts refer to the convection fan. It blows the heat from the stove into the room.

On my Castile, the one with the black wheel is the combustion fan. It blows the exhaust out the stove through the vent pipes.