Question for englander 30 24/7 burners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelthomas

Feb 10, 2006
How much wood do you use in a heating season to keep the flame going 24/7 in this stove? The current stove I have is not able to burn for the 9-10 hours away during the day so we start a cold stove every weeknight. I have a "new" englander 30 in the garage awaiting install and was trying to figure how much more wood I would be burning with that stove going 24/7? My Resolute goes through about 3 cord a heating season (Heating season in Maine=October through May:(. We sure do enjoy the week of spring and the 2 months of sweltering heat of summer though:)

If I am not mistaken I am the only Forum member that has had a 30-NC a full year. I installed mine last December. But our weather has been so strange I can't tell you what a season's wood consumption would be, and your climate is so much different than ours to boot.

If you are burning hardwood 24/7 you will go through five cords for sure. It is a big hungry stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.