Question for Harman stove users

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ivanhoe said:
my fs accentra has to work hard in this part of this northern country. the ashes at times build up at the lip of the pot belly and the oncoming red pellets ride over the ashes and sometimes fall in the ash bucket in red form. i do a fast clean of the pot and then i get flames shooting through the pin holes of the pot belly. the flame at this time is much smaller and blue. my feed is set at 5 and the temp at 80-85 using the stove temp mode. i'm using climate hwd pellets from quebec.
I would think that red ashes falling over the burnpot edge and burning in the ash pot is an indication of over feeding or incorrect air mixture

Gio said:
ivanhoe said:
my fs accentra has to work hard in this part of this northern country. the ashes at times build up at the lip of the pot belly and the oncoming red pellets ride over the ashes and sometimes fall in the ash bucket in red form. i do a fast clean of the pot and then i get flames shooting through the pin holes of the pot belly. the flame at this time is much smaller and blue. my feed is set at 5 and the temp at 80-85 using the stove temp mode. i'm using climate hwd pellets from quebec.
I would think that red ashes falling over the burnpot edge and burning in the ash pot is an indication of over feeding or incorrect air mixture
You're certainly losing some efficiency if hot ashes are being bumped out of the burn pot...

You need to turn the feed adjuster down to 4, for premium pellets, like the manual says.

I burned a half a ton of softwood pellets recently, and found on the very coldest days, I was seeing the burning pellets get right up to the edge of the pot, so I cranked it back a tad shy of 4. The burning stuff shouldn't get further up the ramp than 1" from the edge, or your feed adjustment is too high.

I get the same thing with my PF100. Doesn't seem to be a problem. I kind of like it because if there is anything in those clumps that could continue burning all the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.