Question for the experts here ( P61A )

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

billm5

Jan 7, 2014
mass
Good morning folks, glad I found this forum. My question is about my Harmon P61A it has just started giving me problems in that I cannot seem to control the temperature settings anymore, or it seems to want to work when it feels like it..its like the Knobs do not respond anymore, When the stove controls finally do respond the heat and flame is erratic to the point where its so hot I cannot breath, so then I turn the temperature down and its as if the stove shuts off, almost like I have dead spots on the control board. I keep the stove very clean ( once a week cleaning ) this morning I was getting a status with 3 blinks...I never changed the ESP or the main board and actually other than changing the combustion and feed motors in the last 10 years its been a great stove.

Any help is appreciated hope I have explain my problem correctly.

Good morning folks, glad I found this forum. My question is about my Harmon P61A it has just started giving me problems in that I cannot seem to control the temperature settings anymore, or it seems to want to work when it feels like it..its like the Knobs do not respond anymore, When the stove controls finally do respond the heat and flame is erratic to the point where its so hot I cannot breath, so then I turn the temperature down and its as if the stove shuts off, almost like I have dead spots on the control board. I keep the stove very clean ( once a week cleaning ) this morning I was getting a status with 3 blinks...I never changed the ESP or the main board and actually other than changing the combustion and feed motors in the last 10 years its been a great stove.

Any help is appreciated hope I have explain my problem correctly.

3 blinks is an ESP failure, but you may be able to reset it.
Disconnect the lead from the receptacle & wait a couple of seconds.
If the code persists when you power it back up, the ESP is shot.
Q? Have you pulled the ESP & cleaned it?

3 blinks is an ESP failure, but you may be able to reset it.
Disconnect the lead from the receptacle & wait a couple of seconds.
If the code persists when you power it back up, the ESP is shot.
Q? Have you pulled the ESP & cleaned it?

Thank you for the reply sir, I have never taken it out and cleaned it I always assumed the brush going over it was good enough. Maybe before I go spending $200 on a new main board Ill take out the ESP and give it a cleaning and see it that works.

Thank you for the reply sir, I have never taken it out and cleaned it I always assumed the brush going over it was good enough. Maybe before I go spending $200 on a new main board Ill take out the ESP and give it a cleaning and see it that works.

The brush going over it is the LAST thing you want to do.
It can be damaged very easily. & should be removed - one 1/4" zipscrew - BEFORE brushing...
Go here for the part, if you can wait...

http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/Search.aspx?key=harman esp

Just make sure your wires are the correct color...

The brush going over it is the LAST thing you want to do.
It can be damaged very easily. & should be removed - one 1/4" zipscrew - BEFORE brushing...
Go here for the part, if you can wait...

http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/Search.aspx?key=harman esp

Just make sure your wires are the correct color...

DAKSY would this probe prevent the controls from responding to the stove as well? also thank you yes in the future I will remove it while brushing. Also is removal easy ?

thanks again for your help

DAKSY would this probe prevent the controls from responding to the stove as well? also thank you yes in the future I will remove it while brushing. Also is removal easy ?

thanks again for your help

The ESP is the brains of the outfit. Without it functioning correctly, nothing else may work. I would start there, & replace it if the 3-blink code continues. If your problem persists, let us know...

The ESP is the brains of the outfit. Without it functioning correctly, nothing else may work. I would start there, & replace it if the 3-blink code continues. If your problem persists, let us know...

Noted, thanks again

Be well

Status
Not open for further replies.