Question for you experts on installation from a contractor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shelby2001

May 7, 2011
Central MA
Good Afternoon All:

Have a general question for you all and would like your opinion. We are replacing a stove had the installer from the company come out and paid him to do so. He stated that we would e-mail me the quote for piping and installation. What amount of time would you give for this quote before you get upset and call the installer to see where the quote is? Just to let you know it has been 5 days now.

Thanks,
Shelby

shelby2001 said:
Good Afternoon All:

Have a general question for you all and would like your opinion. We are replacing a stove had the installer from the company come out and paid him to do so. He stated that we would e-mail me the quote for piping and installation. What amount of time would you give for this quote before you get upset and call the installer to see where the quote is? Just to let you know it has been 5 days now.

Thanks,
Shelby

I would call him back today!!

shelby2001 said:
Good Afternoon All:

Thanks,
Shelby

Five days is PLENTY of time. 1. You paid him 2. It's getting cold soon. As a reference, my installer came out at 10:00 am and at 5:45 that night he had sent me an email detailing everything. He didn't charge me either. Good Luck.

I hope the charge for coming to "inspect" the install area was going to be deducted from the final install price....if not, I'd have a real problem with that.

And 5 days is PLENTY of time for them to contact you.

Call them ASAP, and if you get no response, move on and file a complaint w/ the BBB.

Use this site to help you find more installers in your area....I would get quotes from 3 different installers before deciding on someone (put your zip code in the "installer" box):

www.nwdinc.com/installers.php

Status
Not open for further replies.