1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Question on idle problem on Dolmar 6000i

Post in 'The Gear' started by NH_Wood, Feb 12, 2013.

1. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Hi guys,

Just picked up a very nice Dolmar 6000i. Saw looks incredibly clean, will start and run strong at full or partial choke, but can't run with choke shut down. Idle screw not the fix. So, I'm about to do range of the following to see if I can fix the issue - clean carb, new carb kit, clean/replace air filter, replace fuel filter, replace fuel line, and replace impulse line. After these simple things, I guess I'll have to look a crank seals, crank case leaks, etc. Any other simple things I might be missing? Thanks!

Cheers!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Start here. That should get it.
  3. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Sounds good MM - hope to start this weekend - hoping for an easy fix!

Cheers!
  4. ScotO

ScotO Guest

After a carb build, you need to set a "baseline" for your hi-low throttle screws. What you want to do is generally 'bottom out' both screws, but don't crank them down. Then, back the low screw off one full turn, back the hi screw off 1 1/4 turns. That should get you up and running. Then fine tune it from there. I'm betting you'll have it purring like a kitten!
  5. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Thanks Scott - I've been practicing carb tuning on 'junkers' lately, just to learn how to get it right - I'll go with those settings and tweak - thanks! Cheers!
    ScotO likes this.