Question on idle problem on Dolmar 6000i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
Hi guys,

Just picked up a very nice Dolmar 6000i. Saw looks incredibly clean, will start and run strong at full or partial choke, but can't run with choke shut down. Idle screw not the fix. So, I'm about to do range of the following to see if I can fix the issue - clean carb, new carb kit, clean/replace air filter, replace fuel filter, replace fuel line, and replace impulse line. After these simple things, I guess I'll have to look a crank seals, crank case leaks, etc. Any other simple things I might be missing? Thanks!

Cheers!

Sounds good MM - hope to start this weekend - hoping for an easy fix!

Cheers!

After a carb build, you need to set a "baseline" for your hi-low throttle screws. What you want to do is generally 'bottom out' both screws, but don't crank them down. Then, back the low screw off one full turn, back the hi screw off 1 1/4 turns. That should get you up and running. Then fine tune it from there. I'm betting you'll have it purring like a kitten!

Thanks Scott - I've been practicing carb tuning on 'junkers' lately, just to learn how to get it right - I'll go with those settings and tweak - thanks! Cheers!

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.