question on stove chimney installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katmx64

Oct 9, 2009
north ky / cincinnati oh
putting a stove(free stand wood burn) in an open all metal building. dont want to go out roof. was going to come out of back (8 in) of stove into 45 elbow thru wall and into another 45 deg straight vert up above roof peak. it seemd to me that two 45 's would give better flow than straight out of the wall into a 90 deg and up? i would greatly appreciate advice. i thought i read where 45 's are not approved by nfpa but doesnt make sence because they approve 30 deg's and 90's? again, thanks for any help.

The problem I see is when you pass thru the wall.
All the thimbles/pass-thrus out there are perpendicular to the wall surface.
Kinda leads you to put SOME 90s or tees in the system...

i have seen some for a roof that are at an angle that i was hoping to possibly use,, have'nt had time to verify the angle/deg they are leaning to.i am thankful to this and all opinions,, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.