Question re: CF Sentinel (Selkirk) chimney assembly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gwillins

Nov 6, 2008
Northern Saskatchewan
Good evening,

I'm in the process of installing a wood stove, but would like some clarification on an aspect of the assembly before I go any further.

I'm working with Selkirk's "CF Sentinel" line of products.

I am at the point of "attaching" the first chimney section to the basecap of the ceiling support. From what I'm reading from the instructions, it seems that they want you to just place the chimney over the basecap (provided the basecap seats itself inside the chimney section), place it in the lower bucket and let gravity do it's thing. This seems a little strange to me. I've tried attaching one of the locking bands over the chimney section/basecap, but it won't fit into the lower bucket when I have the band on it...

It really seems to me that the two pieces should be joined.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated,

Gavin

Reactions: BCLoco
Status
Not open for further replies.