Questions about new Quadra Fire Voyageur Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the stove needs is strong draft. What is your chimney setup Tom?

Hi all,

I got another query on a threat in another place here, so thought I would share here what I'm going to write to him.

The bottom line is that this stove doesn't get enough air. The fire has to be hot hot hot to be okay, and so I have to start it up with the door cracked a little bit. Even with that, the glass will become dirty by the end of the burn. And I know that everyone says I didn't have seasoned wood, but I'm burning wood in there that's 3 years old right now and I'm seeing the same thing. I will admit, though, that my fooling around with coddling it at the start has helped a lot. I've gotten to know the stove and we're becoming friends. However, I like a really clean glass, and so I usually wipe if off with Rutland's Conditioning Glass Cleaner as I'm starting the fire. Love that stuff, and it works like a charm. Not messy, easy, nice.

Best,

Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.