Questions and seconds thoughts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Welderman85

Feeling the Heat
Nov 1, 2017
Chesaning MI
Hello all I have have a situation I'm trying to figure. Out I have a used Avalon pedelton stove that was free but needs some love and doesn't have a blower. It will cost around 6-700 to to fix up a small stove that may not heat my house to well. Or I found a used Regency i300L for 700 that is good to go. Will the bigger stove work alot better the the Avalon. Is it worth it to swap my plan?

Hello all I have have a situation I'm trying to figure. Out I have a used Avalon pedelton stove that was free but needs some love and doesn't have a blower. It will cost around 6-700 to to fix up a small stove that may not heat my house to well. Or I found a used Regency i300L for 700 that is good to go. Will the bigger stove work alot better the the Avalon. Is it worth it to swap my plan?

...how many floors are you heating?...square footage?...How many rooms?....lots of insulation in the walls or none?

I think you may be pushing it with the Pendleton. I have an Avalon Rainer that I use to heat a two story 1600-1800 sq ft colonial and it is adequate except for very cold days. I would probably get something larger than he Pendleton if I were I were you.

I talked to my wife about it last night. She want to go with the small one because we already have it
Her plan is just to have a place to sit by the fire and supplement the furnace a little. Mine was big insert and whole house heat. She won for now

Dollar for dollar there may be better choices. But...., if the stove you got for free has some heirloom value and your enjoyment is to just enjoy continuing the life of the stove, ....and momma is happy..., then that is your best choice. Just make sure it is a safe install. Enjoy!

Is mostly about making her happy. Lol this year I think the little one is going to go in and see how we like burning wood. I had her talked into a bigger used stove but the price was high and he wouldn't budge. So this year will be a trial run but the way I figure we will definitely be upgrading sooner or later

Reactions: supremeastra