Woodstove Blower Motor Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ElkTrout

Mar 3, 2024
Ohio City, CO
After 20 years the day I've dreaded is here, the blower motor on my Big Buck 28000 insert went out. Not at all sure if I'll even be able to find anyone that will be able remove the stove and fix the blower motor. Trying to figure out my options: moving forward, are there woodstove insert options that have a blower motor situated to where the stove does not have to be removed in order to fix the blower??

moving forward, are there woodstove insert options that have a blower motor situated to where the stove does not have to be removed in order to fix the blower??
My Hampton 300i, a Regency product which I don't think is made anymore, comes right out the front. Very easy. Also for cleaning. In fact, years ago, I per-emptively bought a spare fan. My thinking was, that if I bought a spare one, the original one would never crap out. And that's been the case. Of course, I jinxed it by talking about it. :)

After 20 years the day I've dreaded is here, the blower motor on my Big Buck 28000 insert went out. Not at all sure if I'll even be able to find anyone that will be able remove the stove and fix the blower motor. Trying to figure out my options: moving forward, are there woodstove insert options that have a blower motor situated to where the stove does not have to be removed in order to fix the blower??
Pretty much every insert ever made other than those bucks has the blower accessible from the front