Questions for St Croix SCF 050 Multi Fuel Pellet Furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jess2020

Nov 7, 2020
Maine
I have a few questions about my pellet furnace. First what should I look at if my auger feeds pellets when there is no fire? If the power shuts the furnace down and then comes on later after the fire is out the auger continues to feed pellets. I came home one day to the entire front full of unburned pellets. If you shut the furnace down by hitting the off button the auger does shut off. It is only happening during start up. The panel is not shooting an error code.
Second, where is the high limit switch? I know there is one in it but in the owners manual the schematics do not show where it is. Also there is no part number for it.
Third, my exhaust fan turns on as soon the furnace has power and does not shut off unless unplugged. Any ideas on what to check?
Please help, thank you

With power on but the stove is off and the combustion blower runs continuously it more than likely has a damaged triac in the control board.

Im not good with electrical. What is a triac? Would it be easier to just change the control board? Would that possible fix the auger problem as well?