Quick Load

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimJ

Minister of Fire
Apr 10, 2012
Southeast Indiana
Got a nice truck load of hickory this morning. My youngest son is here for the weekend and he loves to split wood. He'll have it split before the end of the day. About time i get to watch :eek:

Attachments

• hickory.jpg
    hickory.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 146
Nice, should have him around more often

Firewood split by your son, while you enjoy the status of bystander, burns much longer and more evenly with extra BTU output from the stove. Proven fact.

That's some good stuff. Let us know how he likes splitting that hickory when you get a chance......:p

Tim, I still see a couple spots you could've stuck some more wood on the truck. _g haha just kidding, what a full load! Even better getting to sit back and watch it get split, now thats the life!

I know a few other folks who would enjoy having a nice young man come to split the wood.

Silly me for thinking all my son had to do was split hickory all day :eek: lol
Between a 40 mile bike ride, a nap, and dinner at the in-laws, we did manage to get more than half.............and I got more than half of that half lol
Sorry for the poor pictures ..........sun beating down on it

Attachments

• bearded asil hen 095.jpg
    bearded asil hen 095.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 99
  • hickory splits.jpg
    hickory splits.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 107
I'll take half over nothing any day of the week. Just for the heck of it, what was on the menu at the outlaws? ;)

zap

Not even a doggie bag, son of a groan!;lol

zap

Great score.
Help with fire wood, any part of the process, is under rated.
Having him help is quality time together ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.