Quick question please lazy flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RancherPacker

Jul 28, 2015
Washington State
I know I have a whole nother thread going for my Austroflamm 1992 stove that is giving me head aches. I just have a quick question, is it more likely the air sensor or the main board that would cause my stove to burn slow orange tall lazy sooty then at times rev up and burn nice short active yellowish with obviously more air. But it never lasts very long before it goes back to burn slow orange tall lazy sooty. ???

Have you tried to clean your air sensor? If not pull it out of the stove and clean the tip with some rubbing alcohol and try it again. If that doesn't work it could be the board, the air sensor or the Hall IC sensor on the combustion motor, which means a bad combustion motor.

okay alcohol cleaning the air sensor tip did not work to fix lazy flame. After the start up sequence (which was very nice fast active flame) it went right back to LAZY again tall wispy lazy. If I turn it off and on again I can get the very nice fast active flame again but it doesn't last long. I am sure hoping the rebuilt board fixes this. My plan to save money on heating this Winter is fading with the purchase of a rebuilt board and the prospect of Combustion motors, air sensors and who knows what else . :(

Well, it could be the board, but it also seems to me that if it starts nicely, then gets lazy, maybe the air supply is not adequate? Do you have an OAK? If so, is there something causing a partial blockage? even without an OAK you could have a partial blockage at the air intake. Might not be an issue, but an easy and cheap fix if it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.