Quick question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buckmeister

Mar 9, 2010
Saratoga Co., NY
buckmeister said:
Found this on craigslist.... http://albany.craigslist.org/mat/1872503633.html

I emailed the guy, he said its been C/S/S for 2 years and has plenty...heres my question: Its about 1 hr away and about 40 miles...for this price is it worth the ride?

Also found this: http://albany.craigslist.org/for/1885803038.html Thinkin about tryin one cord and see how true it is (for next yrs stock)

If you can haul more than a cord on the locust and he is telling the truth (they rarely are) the locust is probably worth it.

I would definitely try a cord of the second posting knowing that no way will it be ready for this year and probably no way will it really be a cord. Oh, wait a minute. You are in NY were people call face cords cords. In that case, definitely not worth it. Also, if the first post is not a real cord it is not either.

Welcome to the Forum!!

First ad say FULL cord< 175>, second ad say 4/4/8. good prices if its real!, at least for what I see round here, where we have little hardwood available!

If you can get one full cord home of locust and you need wood. I would do it. Locust is my favorite wood. Needs less than a year to season. In top 4 of btu output. Could be 2 tons of wood in a cord. I think locust is best mixed in with other hardwoods on cold nights.

I think the face cord is an upstate thing. Down here cords are 4x4x8, or, at least they are claimed to be. 80 miles is a long trip for a cord of wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.