Ram full of cherry? Please assist

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with splitting your Eastern Red Cedar is that your tree had lots of small branches on the part of the trunk you are trying to split. If you get a larger tree that has dropped the branches from the lower trunk, it will split much more easily. The branches seem to originate at the center of the trunk, making red cedar a pain to split sometimes. It burns nicely. I like to split a piece into kindling just before I load it into the indoor rack so that it has lots of aroma while it waits to be burned.

Thank you...

In Ram's defense kindof, the cedar I've split doesn't smell that much if its real green.
It sure does improve with age. I hate to burn it.. well no not that good.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Then got twigs .

Got like 15 trees a week to learn. The leaves, bark, common name and Latin name for family genus and species.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Right on Ram!

Status
Not open for further replies.