Rattling/vibration noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

awitek

Feb 26, 2008
Ohio
I bit the bullet and purchased the enerzone 2.5 zc fireplace.
I've had about a dozen or so fires in it. After the fan kicks in there is a very faint rattling noise that comes and goes from the back wall of the fireplace. As the fireplace heats up past 300 degrees, the vibration gets louder and louder. It's so loud you can here it 20+ feet away. Some gentle pressure applied to the back wall of the box eliminates the noise. When my installer came back to take a look, he turned the fan on and there was no noise. It was securely screwed down. It only happens when the box gets hot. He's making a second trip back later in the week. I want to make sure everything is working right before I start the stone work, but the noise is driving me nuts. Should the fans be moved further away from the back wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.