Ravelli Roma watts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hey all,

Simple question. I’m looking to buying a generator for power outages and am trying to figure out the startup/running/shutdown wattage of our Ravelli Roma. Despite my best efforts I can’t seem to find this info online or in any manuals. Does anyone happen to know? Thanks!

I couldn’t find the info either, but I backed into it. According to Pellet Stove Parts 4 less, the replacement fuse is 4 amps, so the start up wattage can’t be more than 500 and is probably closer to 400 watts. I couldn’t find a wattage for the replacement igniter, but it’s probably in the 200-250watt range which puts the running wattage of the stove around 150-200 which is in line with many other stoves. Also, if you’re in the US by law there should be a power requirements label on the back of the stove that lists max power required. If you have access to the power cord you could always plug a “Kill-A-Watt” meter into it and see. They’re very inexpensive and handy for lots of other things if you’re planning on running a generator.

Ken

My Ravelli stove draws about 300W for the 5 minutes it takes to start, then when it is running it draws about 120W. During shiudown, it draws the same 120W.

The startup load for the motors might be a factor. You can buy a multimeter with a clamp on ammeter that will tell you the maximum draw. I don't think the Kill a watt will. Maybe if you watch it real carefully when you turn on the stove, lol.

I had the same question as I wanted to get an inverter/deep cycle battery in case of power outage so that I could continue to run the stove. I wrote to Ravelli and they were good enough to reply.
1675692770621.png

An inverter max rated for 800W to 1000W will work fine. Once the stove is running, the average power consumed is about 100 to 150 Watts.