Re-assembling a (Stihl) Chainsaw: Anyone do it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
contacted ray, and he forwarded some info. will look at it when i have time. thx for the tips.
Let us know how you make out.
Do you have any way to do a vacuum test once you have it complete?
I am putting together a 044/046 hybrid,all new bearings seals and gaskets.Did a vacuum test on the engine and it was leaking at the base gasket where the case halves meet.Had to pull the cylinder to seal the base gasket.Now it holds vacuum for 12 hours and pressure the same.
Good insurance that it's ready to go, instead of ready to blow.

Let us know how you make out.
Do you have any way to do a vacuum test once you have it complete?
I am putting together a 044/046 hybrid,all new bearings seals and gaskets.Did a vacuum test on the engine and it was leaking at the base gasket where the case halves meet.Had to pull the cylinder to seal the base gasket.Now it holds vacuum for 12 hours and pressure the same.
Good insurance that it's ready to go, instead of ready to blow.
i do not have a vacuum tester. ray had to send the pdf's directly to my email; for some reason they would not open properly through the forum site.

You should definitely pull the muffler and see if the piston is scored. If you want to; Compression testers are cheap on Amazon before you waste time and money on anything else.

Reactions: rwh63
Cylinder looks good, moves freely

917230FD-BE07-4818-A62D-B28A52CCE40E.jpeg 798CCBFD-D0BD-42FC-AEBE-A9FFF91201FE.jpeg

Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy