1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

RE: Crazy question . . . the sequel

Post in 'New Forum Hints and your Questions & Suggestions!' started by firefighterjake, May 28, 2014.

1. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Posted las October about this site not keepingup with my typin anhaving issue with the yboard as u can see here . .missin spaces, letters, etc. Tisonly happens on thi sit ..no other sit . . . eanyone else av thi issue?

The above post was just as I typed it at my regular typing speed . . . this sentence was typed at a very sedate pace and for some reason everything worked well . . . and in case anyone was wondering, I am a pretty accurate typist.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Uh, no. The typing doesn't even get to the site until you post.

The editor in the software uses Javascript. Only thing I can think of is you have an old Javascript plug-in in your browser that might be causing the problem.
  3. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    You might be on to something there ... seems like I've seen a message about updating Java.
  4. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    If that doesn't solve things, which browser are you using? I had some problems a while back and switched to a different browser and the issues went away.
  5. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    I type very fast... like so fast that every place I work people have to swing by my cubicle to make smart comments, kind of fast. Never had any trouble with this site. Trouble that can be blamed on fast typing, that is.
  6. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Yeah - that is a local (to your pc) problem of some sorts, not a website issue.