RE: Generator Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Sure beats storing 500 gallons of gasoline! I wish my genset was dual fuel. The new version of my genset is dual fuel so the manufacturers are listening.
Yes, I probably would have bought the latest dual-fuel Champion inverter if it was out a few years ago. If you go up to their 3400W it has 220VAC out.

Hey begreen, I’ve been looking at the propane and dual-fuel conversions available on eBay, is that what you have? I haven’t pulled the trigger, because none of them look like they’d be a clean fit on my rig, I see some cutting the frame to make them fit and I just don’t want to do that.

I have 500 gallons of propane buried in the back yard, and we really don’t use it for much, so it’d be ideal for me to be able to run the genny of propane.
I bought our 2400is several years ago from US Carburetors with their conversion done at their plant. They are factory authorized. It looks like they have since simplified their conversion and it costs less now.
https://www.motorsnorkel.com/generators/yamaha.html

Yes, I probably would have bought the latest dual-fuel Champion inverter if it was out a few years ago. If you go up to their 3400W it has 220VAC out.

I don't think so on the 240. I think only one Honda offers an inverter with 240. It is remote electric start though. I could not find any inverter gensets offering 240 volts from CPE.

I don't think so on the 240. I think only one Honda offers an inverter with 240. It is remote electric start though. I could not find any inverter gensets offering 240 volts from CPE.
I think you are right. The Amazon listing I was perusing appears to have a bad error there. :mad:
Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 8.11.12 PM.png
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FAWMMEY/?tag=hearthamazon-20

It’s not a 6 gallon tank either, I’m thinking you found an open frame noninverter advertisement. The 3400 series has a fuel tank capacity that is a bit small at something more like 1.5 gallons. Not quite half a day running the rv air conditioner.

That was in the Amazon listing for the 3400 inverter model. But I think you may be right, some bozo copy/pasted this wrong information from another genny into the Amazon listing. Too bad, the Asian models are mostly 240vac.

Reactions: Highbeam

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-8_8-44-29.png
    upload_2018-11-8_8-44-29.png
    359.1 KB · Views: 165
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Highbeam
Generators can be noisy nuisances to your neighbors, y'know!

My best generator story:

I was doing repairs on the furnace in a ritzy Seattle area neighborhood (Mercer Island) a power outage had shut the power off for several days, and when I got to the house the noise from the generator was plainly loud.

After I fixed the furnace I asked the owner about whether the noise from the generator bothered the neighbors.

He gave me a look, and said that his neighbor HAD come by to complain after a day or two. He gave the neighbor a long look and said that if he had a long extension cord, he could PLUG INTO HIS GENERATOR! No complaints after that!

Now THAT was a guy who could bring world peace.

Last edited by a moderator: