Re-using 8" wood stove wall thimble for 4" pellet pipe and intake.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Talegas

Burning Hunk
Oct 26, 2016
Metrowest MA
Hi all,
I need the collective wisdom and ingenuity that comes from this community. I had an 8" class A chimney already in place when I moved into this home, and I hooked up my little Castle's Serenity to it by using 4" pipe and an increaser to 8" at the wall thimble.
Well, i thought it was time for the chimney to go away, and would like to re-use as much as i can from the existing set up at the same time trying to get the intake for the stove through the existing wall thimble.
I've seen the M&G Duravent in Amazon, but as I mentioned I want to avoid excesive costs ($240 for just that piece and is "just a couple of tubes going through a hole").
Any thoughts on how i might be able to do this? even if is fabricating it (let's say just a sheet metal with correct gauge to let both ducts go through existing 8" hole type of solutions), or if you have seen "ready to buy" items i can leverage for the existing wall thimble, etc.

Please help as winter is coming!